ArborScape Inc. is currently seeking an equipment operator to support its landscaping, excavation, and trail-building projects. This individual operates and maintains a variety of equipment and trucks, such as excavators, bulldozers, backhoes, skid steers, and single/dual axle trucks in order to perform a variety of construction tasks including land clearing, trenching/ditching, fine and contour grading, and others as needed. He/She efficiently operates equipment and trucks to complete assigned jobs, from landscaping to trail building, and assists other co-workers in the group in the completion of work responsibilities, as necessary.
Description & Tasks:
- Skill in the use and proper care of equipment utilized in excavation, landscape, and trail construction
- Read and interpret construction plans and blueprints to ensure that the equipment is used in accordance with the project specifications
- Perform routine maintenance and repairs on equipment. Mechanical ability is a plus
- Coordinate with other members of the construction crew to ensure that the equipment is used effectively and efficiently to complete projects on time and within budget
- Adhere to all safety guidelines and regulations, including OSHA standards, to ensure a safe working environment
- Familiarity with a variety of light/heavy equipment including excavators, front-loaders, single and dual axle trucks, trailering, hand/power/pneumatic tools, tractors, skid steer, and chipper
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Knowledge of the regulations, work hazards, safety practices, and traffic laws relating to equipment operation
- Willing to use or learn computer and technology skills as it relates to this position
- Ability to follow instructions with close attention to detail
- Reliable and punctual
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, contractors, and clients
First-year employees receive:
- $20 – $26/hour, experience depending
- Paid Vacation & Sick Time
- Paid Holidays
- Health Insurance supplement benefit
- Supplemental Life & Accident Insurance
- Company provided PPE & apparel
- Continued education support
- Job advancement opportunities
- Weekly paychecks
- Excellent customer service & work ethic is rewarded with bonus pay
Benefits accrue with your time of service!
- High School Graduation (or GED)
- 2+ years of relevant or transferrable experience in equipment operation in utility, construction, masonry, and/or public works.
- Other combinations of education and experience that qualify an individual to perform the required job duties and responsibilities may be considered.
- A valid driver’s license and clean driving record
Relevant or transferable experience is desired, but not required for all positions – We like to train motivated, curious, hard-working folks with a strong work ethic and attention to detail. A desire to learn, create, and care for beautiful landscapes from natural materials is a must. We are looking for passionate people, who want to do a good job for our clients, do better for themselves, and work at a great company.