ArborScape Inc. is one of the area’s premier landscape companies, specializing in landscape construction, tree service, and trail construction. We are currently hiring full-time and part-time seasonal Gardeners, Planters, and Installers for our landscaping teams. We are looking for team players who enjoy the outdoors, working in the green industry, and are eager to learn. With opportunities in landscape project management, plant health care, and the tree crew, our goal is to put together great people with a great team.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Plants, transplants, fertilizes, waters, prunes, and weeds flower beds and plant areas
- Maintains flowers, bushes, trees, and shrubs
- Implements detailed landscape plans
- Plants and propagates bedding plants; may manage greenhouse operations, as applicable
- Assists in the work direction and on-the-job training of other personnel.
- Maintains the job site, keeping the area clear of debris & hazards
- May assist in various maintenance activities as required
- May operate a motor vehicle to transport materials and equipment, as appropriate to the position
- Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- Punctual and detail-oriented
- Strong work ethic with minimal supervision
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Required
- Knowledge of horticulture methods and materials, landscaping, and cultivation of trees and woody plants
- Flexible – working across multiple divisions (Landscape, Tree Care, PHC) on a variety of projects
- Ability to use hand and power tools applicable to trade
- Ability to perform grounds maintenance tasks
- Skill in interpreting and completing landscape plans.
- Knowledge of fertilizer and/or pesticide applications
- Ability to lift and manipulate heavy objects
- Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures
- Clean driving record
- Safety above all else
First-year employees receive:
- $20 to $26+/hr., depending on experience
- Paid vacation & paid sick time
- Paid holidays
- Health Insurance supplement benefit
- Supplemental Insurance
- Company provided PPE & apparel
- Continued Education support
- Job advancement opportunities
- Weekly paychecks
- Excellent customer service & work ethic is rewarded with bonus pay
Benefits accrue with your time of service!
Relevant or transferable experience is desired, but not required for all positions – We like to train motivated, curious, hard-working folks with a strong work ethic and attention to detail. A desire to learn, create, and care for beautiful landscapes from natural materials is a must. We are looking for passionate people, who want to do a good job for our clients, do better for themselves, and work at a great company.