ArborScape Inc. is one of the area’s premier tree care companies, specializing in landscape construction, tree service, and trail construction. We are currently hiring full-time and part-time seasonal groundsmen, equipment operators, and arborist climbers. We are looking for team players who enjoy the outdoors, working in the green industry, and are eager to learn. With opportunities in landscape, Plant Health Care, and trail construction, our goal is to put together great people with a great team.
Description & Tasks:
- Strong knowledge of tying and specific uses for tree-industry knots
- Safety for all types of equipment used (Chipper, Stump Grinder, Chain Saw)
- Being a reliable member of the team and acting promptly with ground support
- Keeping the work area clear of debris – cleaning up limbs and branches as they are brought down in tree-cutting work, raking the area clear to maintain the safety zone
- Lining up branches and piling appropriately for loading into the Chipper
- Keeping tools in the staging area and safe zone
- Assuring that all lines are kept clear at all times
- Being attentive to the Climber’s cues throughout the job, always keeping their eyes on the Climber
- Participates in gear, tool, and equipment maintenance at the shop and in the field
- Skill and knowledge to operate and perform maintenance on specialized equipment including a chipper, stump grinder, and chainsaw in a safe and responsible manner
- Skill to hoist tools and equipment to tree trimmers, and safely lower branches with ropes, or rigging
- Skills in knot tying and practical knowledge of each use in the field.
- Minimum 1 year experience in the tree care field, ISA Certified Arborist a plus.
- The desire to continue skill development, advance education, and maintain certifications and accreditations.
- Must have a clean driving record, CDL a plus
First-year employees receive:
- $20 – $26/hour, experience depending
- Paid Vacation & Sick Time
- Paid Holidays
- Health Insurance supplement benefit
- Supplemental Life & Accident Insurance
- Company provided PPE & apparel
- Continued education support
- Job advancement opportunities
- Weekly paychecks
- Excellent customer service & work ethic is rewarded with bonus pay
Benefits accrue with your time of service!
Relevant or transferable experience is desired, but not required for all positions – We like to train motivated, curious, hard-working folks with a strong work ethic and attention to detail. A desire to learn, create, and care for beautiful landscapes from natural materials is a must. We are looking for passionate people, who want to do a good job for our clients, do better for themselves, and work at a great company.